Friday, August 31, 2012

Liebster Award

Well! I've just been nominated for the Liebster Award, an award for small blogs (less than 200 followers) given by bloggers to bloggers for bloggers. It's a way for bloggers to 'pass it forward' to one another. The dear Dapper Lass nominated me for this honor, and I'm thrilled and pleased and humbled by it. Thank you!

 

Upon nomination, the nominee must do the following:

  1. Post eleven things about yourself
  2. Answer the eleven questions from the person who nominated you (mine are at the bottom of this post)
  3. Choose eleven people to nominate (don't forget to let them know!)
  4. Follow the nominator and visit at least three of the other nominees

So, here goes!

  1. I've wanted to be an author since I was eleven years old, but I've been a bookworm from the moment I learned to read. I used to be 'that girl' who carried my dad's Complete Works of Jack London around in the fifth grade. It probably weighed half as much as me.
  2. I love to paint. Oils, not acrylics. I can sit absorbed with a painting for hours, just working on a single part of the final piece.
  3. I work at the Georgia Renaissance Festival and have done so for 7 years. Even when the season is closed I have all my costuming with me, just in case. I've been to three other Renaissance Festivals around the US.
  4. I love tea. I have a whole cupboard dedicated to it. Probably more than I should. But I can't help it. Must have more tea.
  5. Someday I want a library with a rolley ladder.
  6. I love classic rock and live music. I may have already lost some hearing as a result.
  7. I want to dance ballet again someday.
  8. I've been a roadie.
  9. I love driving on the interstate through downtown at night, when the skyscrapers rear around me in gold and blue and scarlet light. No I didn't mean to make that rhyme.
  10. I need green. My favorite season is spring, and I hate winter. Maybe it's just the cold (I hate being cold) but I mostly feel depressed when I see everything die back. I need the woods and the life that is in them.
  11. Last one...I have a thing about roses.

Now for the eleven questions!

  1. What's your favorite thing about fall? -- I love the change that occurs in the smell and feel of the air, like the boding of some great beginning.
  2. What is your favorite book? -- Oh dear, what a question! I'll divide it in parts. My favorite most influential book is The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. My favorite book that I read every year is Winter Rose by Patricia McKillip. My favorite series is the Miles Vorkosigan series by Lois McMaster Bujold. I guess that's cheating, but what can I say?
  3. Do you prefer a traditional book or an e-book? -- Definitley traditional. You can't beat the smell of a good book or the way the pages feel or the ability to just hold it in your hands.
  4. What's your favorite recipe? -- Cherry O' Cream Pie. A Mitchell family tradition! I could eat a whole pan of that stuff... 
  5. Do you drink tea or coffee? -- Both, but mostly tea. I seem to drink coffee in the summer (oddly) and tea all year round. But neither for caffeine. I just like to have a hot drink at any time of the day. Though I only take coffee one way: mostly cream and sugar.
  6. What's your favorite day to write? -- I don't think I have a favorite day to write, but I do love writing in the morning and all through the afternoon. If it is good enough to absorb me for hours, it's probably going to be a pretty good piece.
  7. Why did you start blogging? -- I started blogging, honestly, for my resume. But I enjoy it now as its own entity. It gives me a chance to think and describe and connect as well as share with my readers all the things I know, have learned, or would like to learn about literature and publishing.
  8. What do you think is the hardest part of blogging? -- Definitely consistency. As stated in my last blog post (The Hunger Diaries) there is always something to write about, but whether or not we make the time, take the time, or even think to do it is hard. My posts used to be every 6 months to a year apart. Only when I scheduled it rigorously and forced it to become a habit did I get a control of my consistency.
  9. What are you currently reading? -- I'm currently rereading The Lord of the Rings, but once I finish Fellowship I'm going to start reading The Hobbit to prepare for the movie coming out in December. So excited!!!
  10. What's your favorite holiday? -- Probably Christmas. I love getting together with my family, cooking, giving gifts, and finding a warm respite from the cold of the season.
  11. What are you going to do after this? -- Classwork, probably. Or go drink tea. Maybe both!

On to the nominations!

  1. 455 Below -- A blog about science fiction literature and the theories found therein.
  2. I Wish I Were... -- A personal blog about college life and transitioning in the world.
  3. Divine Baking -- Recipes and cooking. Absolutely incredible desserts!
  4. Travel Your Days Away -- Travels through Italy.
  5. Vagabond Voice -- Reviews of books, short fiction, film, video games, and others.
  6. Renfaire Pictorial -- An insight into Renaissance Fairs everywhere.
  7. Outlandish Musings -- A blog on writing, art, and the artist life.
  8. V for Veritas -- Children's literature, industry media and updates, art.
  9. The Big Storm Picture -- Gorgeous storm chaser photography!
  10. Pink Dragonfly -- A blog on cake decorating and crafting.
  11. Catscott -- The world of food and literature as seen from an illustrator's point of view.

And my eleven questions for the nominees:

  1. What is your favorite comfort food?
  2. If you could meet any author (living or dead), who would it be?
  3. Why do you like to write?
  4. What is your dream job?
  5. Fondest smell?
  6. Do you have any penpals?
  7. If you had one word to describe yourself, what would it be?
  8. What can you see right above your computer?
  9. Favorite type of music?
  10. Red or blue? And why?
  11. What is the most influential book you've ever read?

That's that! Thank you so much!

2 comments:

  1. Christmas is my favorite holiday too! I'm checking out some of these blogs now. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really a challenge finding them all, but it got my awareness of what's out there up! Can't complain about that!

    ReplyDelete