Wednesday, December 18, 2013

New Book

Things always get so busy during the holidays!

News news news-- Twitter is still down, which forms the main basis of my 'writing' news as it contains all the threads I visit for various articles and commentaries on the publishing world. I'm wondering what is going on with that...anyone able to use Twitter normally? Anyone else experiencing this difficulty?

I am beginning a new book this Christmas holiday, after just finishing one the past couple of months. I am really excited about it-- I think it's a great idea and will serve well!

I'm also in the process of getting my last book, Shifted, a retelling of beauty and the beast, only gender-swapped, available for purchase on Amazon.com and other retailers! More details to come when that is complete. I'm using a platform called Create Space that was suggested to me by a fellow, self-published author.

You may be recalling, now wait, you always said you were going to hold off on self-publishing! Well, this is true. However I've had a thought. I'm still sending out queries and submissions for this book. But why not distribute it easily to my friend and family (and maybe others!) while I wait? I am not foreseeing moving so much stock that a publisher would not want to take on the project for that reason, and if I do sell that many copies, I don't think I'll be worried anyway!

So I'm going to give this a whirl and start putting my books up on Amazon.com and see what happens.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment