Wednesday, October 30, 2013

All Ghouls' Day

It's the day before Halloweeeeeennnnnnnnnnn!!!!!

Ooooooooooooh...

And this is also the 100th post of Maudlin's Shoes! Get out the confetti and the sparklers!!

You know how I'm celebrating? With a mug of pumpkin-spice vanilla coffee and a cozy jacket.

I've never been a huge fan of 'pumpkin-spice-flavored-thingums' for the holidays. I love pumpkin cheesecake and I love pumpkin cranberry bread. But that's about it. I don't usually go in for the ever popular pumpkin-craze that follows around October and November.

But I love the holidays, and I love warm drinks when it's cold outside.

I also just got a new tea flavored Apple Pie. It's heaven.

What does this have to do with writing? Well, you may remember my earlier post on Tea or Coffee and how it actually relates to writing-- did you know that the caffeine in tea is a 'calming' energy boost as opposed to the chemical in coffee? Coffee may give you the jitters, but a nice cup of green tea might just raise those cement-laden eyelids off your face without giving you the shakes or the need to talk at fifty miles an hour.

Now that we get to the holiday that inspires gothics and ghouls, you may find yourself needing one or the other to jot down all your spooky inspiration.

In further update, writing continues on this end. I have two and a half chapters to go with my current book and plan to be done by Thanksgiving.

As a thought for scheduling, it's good to create a firm deadline for yourself. But in the early stages it may be too difficult to do so. Once you can smell the barn, as it were, you should definitely set one. It gives motivation and a sense of pride to accomplish it. Can I write 75 pages before the end of November?

Yes. I certainly can. And after that I will get the book edited, worked, and ready to be sent off to every agent I have ever plagued with my letters before.

Maybe this one will see the shelves sooner than later. I certainly hope so.

And did you really think you were going to get a normal post for the holiday?

Trick or treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment