Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sorry my friends...

At the moment it is nearly 9 pm, I have a cup of coffee to my right, and further to my right is an agenda, scribbled to near opacity, a phone somewhere, a stack of scattered and disorganized papers-- directions, blank sheet of paper, a history of a company, a sample of my copy-editing work, a chart, a book mark, a notepad, my wallet, and somewhere also an unwrapped 16 gigabyte flashdrive...

I had a great time at the Divas in Defense self-defense workshop, but now I am a bit behind. I have a paper to write, a proposal to form, The Merchant of Venice to read, a charcoal drawing to complete, the research on this company to finish, and sleep in there somewhere I'm sure. Hence the coffee.

As such, I'm going to leave you with some glowing encouragement and then sign off.

I'm so busy because I have an interview tomorrow-- yes, a whole, real, official interview for a full-time job! I'm so busy and so excited about it because this interview is with a publishing company, something I had given up on because of the small number of them in the city. I have been almost exclusively (but not quite) concentrating my job search efforts elsewhere-- but not quite. My Scotch-Irish-German stubbornness does factor in there of course.

Then out of the blue, my career services counsellor sends me a job opportunity-- 8 minutes down the road from me, at a publishing company for a full-time, entry level copy-editing job. And I got the interview.

Breathe. Just breathe.

As you can imagine, I'm wild with excitement. It's not a job until it's a job, but it's a chance. This is my dream, right here. I've been wanting to go into publishing since I was in high school. I've been an obsessed writer since the 6th grade. And I've been a ravenous reader since I could, well...read.

So, cup of coffee in hand, let's get to work! Wish me luck, prayers and good vibes and all that-- I'll see you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment